Friday, May 13, 2011

Vegan Drumsticks!

No, I don't mean the chicken kind, though I sometimes miss those too. I'm taking about my childhood obsession, those crunchy cones filled with chocolate, then ice cream,then dipped in chocolate, could there be anything more worthy of chasing the ice cream man down the street for? I have been craving one of these ever since I found out that dairy and I are not friends. SO Delicious brand makes pretty much the best ice cream treats imaginable, but no drumstick knockoffs yet! I chose their Turtle Trails ice cream pint to go into this cone, but you can pick any flavor or brand you like!

Ingredients:

One pint SO Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream

4 organic sugar cones

1 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used Sunspire's Semi-sweet variety)

3-4 teaspoons coconut oil

Directions: First melt about 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips with a teaspoon of coconut oil, I microwaved the two in a bowl at 3o second increments, stirring regularly until mostly melted, then stirred the rest of the way. Scoop a tablespoon or so of mixture into each cone and using the back of spoon spread the chocolate up the sides of the cone. (This is the messy part!) Thaw ice cream for 10 minutes or so then fill each cone with about 1/2 cup, refreeze until solid. Then melt the remaining chocolate chips and coconut oil the same way. Use a spoon to quickly spread chocolate onto each cone, it will harden quickly! Lay on parchment or wax paper and freeze until solid. Enjoy!

Here is what the finished product looks like: (Yes I am using my leg as a backdrop for this photo)

Here is what it looks like when I rotate the finished product, I just couldn't wait to dig in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment