Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hungry for more...

Do you ever have one of those days where no matter what you eat you just never feel full or satisfied? I know there's not really anyone listening, but seriously, don't those days suck? Anywho, today I was called into work (yay $!) and quickly threw together some egg salad to take with crackers. I had a big breakfast so this lasted me pretty much to dinner. When I got home I had some leftover pasta, good but not really exciting, I was looking for more of a punch in the mouth from my food, the kind of taste that makes a day full of chasing young children just melt away. So I whipped up some vegan queso from my new cookbook, the queso was not bad tasting by any means, but left a deep cheese void in my nacho-shaped heart, sigh. So I moved on from this (yes, I was still hungry!) and used some of the leftover avocado, some tomato, vegan sour cream, olives, and chili peppers to make a layer dip with some stale tortilla chips on the bottom (chilaquiles, anyone?) which was actually quite good but disappeared quickly and then that massive tummy void was back. Tapeworm? So, I've had big plans to veganize (and make healthier) my famous zucchini bread recipe. After all was said and done the loaf came out looking fantastic with a crispy outside and amazing smell!!!


and then I cut into it, dense mushy zucchini bread. Too much liquid? Too much baking powder and soda? Not enough baking powder and soda? Too low of heat? Oh, why didn't I heed your warnings Alton Brown! So my dense zucchini bread came to fruition during a viewing of the most recent episode of Master Chef where the 3 chefs auditioned amateur cooks for the reality show. I had a brief fantasy of myself standing before these 3 chef idols, with Gordon Ramsey just swearing loudly, Joe Bastianich choking and spitting zucchini bread onto the floor, while I sob and Graham Elliot pats my shoulder and smiles while he chokes it down. Thankfully this fantasy is not reality and I am the only one who had to spit zucchini bread on the floor, we all have bad cooking days right? What's the worst thing you've ever cooked?

No comments:

Post a Comment