Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The lazier thin mushroom pizza

So the pineapple cashew quinoa stirfry and hot and sour soup didn't go over as well as I hoped last night. I loved the stirfry but the hot and sour soup was well, hot and sour...not sure what I was expecting there. The taste of the soup kind of overpowered the stirfry last night so I didn't really get to enjoy it much! Thankfully, I ate some leftover pineapple cashew quinoa stir fry for dinner tonight which tasted much yummier! However, 2 hours of studying later, it was as if I hadn't eaten. I still had the ingredients for the Vegan Pandemonium's lazy version of the Kind Diet mushroom pizza (VP's Thin Mushroom Pizza). That pizza was SO good, but after eating it two days in a row I was looking for something a bit different. The variation I made tonight is the same basic idea, I sauteed one sliced portabella in just a little olive oil, seasoned with some sea salt and threw in a Tablespoon of chopped sundried tomato at the end. I loaded it into a sprouted wheat tortilla with just a tablespoon or the tofutti cream cheese and some chopped scallions and basil and browned it up on the griddle. Tasted really good, but next time I might use two mushrooms and it would be perfect! Had a Kind Diet Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup after dinner part 1 but now that I had dinner part 2 I am craving dessert part 2...s'mores perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment